[R-SIG-Mac] Starting problem with R

Jonas Steenholdt Sørensen jonas.steenholdt at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 00:58:24 CET 2011

Hi

I'm a university student study Biology and in class we use Minitab and Excel for our stats work. Since I would like to work from home I choose R and know what a program some Biologist later on use more often.

I have been reading some of the good guiding I could find online. Put none of them help me with one special problem. I have been trying to import all sort of data to R without any success. Trying with read.table, read.csv, read.xls and they are all giving a response of object not found or No such file or directory.
I have put my WD to "users/jonasssrensen/Documents/R where I have put my test data in.

I run R on a macBook with Lion.

I not sure if I need to install some package, apps or change some setups. Hope someone out there can help me.

Best
Jonas