[R-SIG-Mac] packages failed to load - Now fixed

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed May 25 07:58:07 CEST 2011

It's really odd that people blog about their own inefficient scripts
rather than read the R documentation.

Because this scripts checks (very inefficiently) if a package is
already installed, it would not solve the problem discussed in this
thread.  And install.packages() takes a vector of packages, and
'survival' is a recommended package and should always be installed.

Because people have differing needs there are different ways to do
this.  But the ideas of

http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/rw-FAQ.html#What_0027s-the-best-way-to-upgrade_003f

suit many.