[R-SIG-Mac] import data Mac OS

Ben Madin lists at remoteinformation.com.au
Mon May 2 16:32:34 CEST 2011

Is it possible that the columns are separated by semicolons in the file. Can you open the .csv file in a text editor? Right click and choose open with ... and use textedit or bbedit or textmate or something?

if so, if you read the help page (use ?read.csv) you will see that you can specify the separator in the command (sep=';' might work) or you could actually use the read.csv2 command (you will see that it defaults to the semicolon)

test <- read.csv2(file="~/Desktop/heightweight.csv")

another useful command that isn't always apparent to beginners is the str command, ie :

str(test)

good luck again.

cheers

Ben