[R-SIG-Mac] editor autocomplete, comments, and quotes

Day, Roger S day01 at pitt.edu
Fri Jun 24 03:02:10 CEST 2011

Hi Gang,

I've discovered a curiosity with autocomplete in the editor.
If you insert a comment with an unmatched single quote, for example

	####   I'm so happy that last line of code worked!

then autocomplete will no longer work below this comment,
though it continues to work above it.

Confessing bad karma from using a single quote for an apostrophe...
or perhaps using contractions is a sin...
nevertheless this observation may be useful to other users,
preventing the kind of wild goose chase I went on.

platform       x86_64-apple-darwin9.8.0
arch           x86_64
os             darwin9.8.0
system         x86_64, darwin9.8.0
status
major          2
minor          13.0
year           2011
month          04
day            13
svn rev        55427
language       R
version.string R version 2.13.0 (2011-04-13)

Roger Day
University of Pittsburgh Departments of Biomedical Informatics and
Biostatistics
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute
Room 310, Suite 301
Cancer Pavilion (CNPAV)
5150 Centre Ave.
Pittsburgh, PA 15232