[R-SIG-Mac] perhaps change working directory in the plist? (was: R.app GUI crashes on startup...)

Michael C Gilbert mcg at gilbert.org
Mon Jun 20 01:44:51 CEST 2011

On Jun 17, 2011, at 10:41 AM, Michael C Gilbert wrote:

>> The .RData might be in your R working directory.
>> If you don't know what your setting was, you can find it in the ~/Library/Preferences/org.R-project.R.plist file.
>
> Thank you, Bob. In fact, I did think to check that. The working directory in my prefs is still set to my home directory: ~.

This just occurred to me: If there is indeed some kind of problem with the workspace, but since it appears to be the default in the prefs, perhaps I can change it by editing the prefs? The restart R.app and see what happens?

Bob, can you or someone give me an example of the format (name/value pair) of the entry for the worspace in the plist?

TIA

— Michael