[R-SIG-Mac] Making R packages on a Mac

Thu Jun 9 05:31:36 CEST 2011

Hello,

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 10:21 PM, Murray Jorgensen <maj at waikato.ac.nz> wrote:
> I want to use some of my R scripts and datasets as a basis for an R package.
> I have been advised to avoid trying to do this under Windows so I thought I
> would see what I can do on my iMac, which runs Leopard.
>
> Can any members of this group recommend Mac-oriented tutorials or similar
> documents that give advice on package development in the OS-X environment?

It will be all rather straightforward, actually -- there are really no
OS-X specific things. Since you already have code and such whipped up,
I think you can just hop to section 5 of this tutorial:

http://cran.r-project.org/doc/contrib/Leisch-CreatingPackages.pdf

Doing (1) as they suggest should be easy enough. You'll eventually
prefer to do it manualy (as is suggested in (2)).

Once you setup your package directory, say `~/R/mypackage`, fire up a
terminal and:

$ cd ~/R
$ R CMD INSTALL mypackage

should do the trick.