[R-SIG-Mac] Package installation messages appear in red

Richard R. Liu richard.liu at pueo-owl.ch
Tue Jun 7 17:09:32 CEST 2011

Hi,

I just noticed that, when I work in the R Console and install packages using
Packages & Data > Package Installer, the informative messages appear in red.
 These don't appear to be error messages.  They are messages like

trying URL
'http://stat.ethz.ch/CRAN/bin/macosx/leopard/contrib/2.13/testthat_0.5.tgz'
Content type 'application/x-tar' length 77957 bytes (76 Kb)
opened URL
downloaded 76 Kb

This happens on a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.6.7 and R 2.13.0 Patched.  A
similar setup on a MacPro with R 2.12.2 Patched produces the same messages in
black.  Which setup is working correctly, and how can I modify the other?  On
both, Output is configure black and Stderr red.

Regards,

Richard R. Liu
richard.liu at pueo-owl.ch