[R-SIG-Mac] Compatibility of R and Mac OS 10.7 Lion

Lorenz lorenz.gerber at gmx.ch
Tue Jul 26 14:34:18 CEST 2011

Björn Klatt <b.k.klatt <at> gmx.de> writes:

> Dear R mac users,
>
> I am currently thinking about updating my system to Mac OS 10.7
> (Lion). Does anyone know about problems or has experiences with the
> compatibility of R and Mac OS Lion?
>
> Best,
>
> Björn

Hi Björn,

I just upgraded to Lion and installed also R 2.13.1.

Since the upgrade, the command autocompletion in the R.app GUI
behaves weird. If i press autocompletion lets say after the third
character of a six character long command, it will complete
the command plus additionally add the three last characters
of the command in the end. This error does not appear when I
start R in the console or when i use it in Aquamacs/ESS.

Does anyone has an idea how to solve this problem?

Best regards
Lorenz