[R-SIG-Mac] libVec and Lion

Andreas Noack Jensen Andreas.Noack.Jensen at econ.ku.dk
Tue Jul 26 10:15:29 CEST 2011

I believe I have a veclib problem. I have just upgraded to Lion from
Snow Leopard on my MacBook Pro 15'', medio 2009 and done a fresh install of
R 2.13.1 and the latest gfortran 4.2.3 from att.research. Unfortunately I am
not able to make a reproducible example of the problem without my own package
which is not on CRAN (yet). The problem is only present when I use vecLib and
not when using the reference BLAS (I also checked on Linux and Win and it
worked fine). I had no problems under Snow Leopard. Here are the details: I
install by R CMD INSTALL without errors but when I try to load the package by
library(civecm) I get

Error in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...) :
  unable to load shared object
'/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.13/Resources/library/civecm/libs/
	x86_64/civecm.so':

dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.13/Resources/library/civecm/
libs/x86_64/civecm.so, 6): Library not loaded: libRblas.dylib
  Referenced from:
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.13/Resources/library/civecm/libs/
x86_64/civecm.so
  Reason: image not found
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'civecm'

The civecm.so exists and is created from Fortran code using both BLAS and
Lapack subroutines. Any help is appreciated and I hope I have included the
relevant information.

Best regards

--
Andreas Noack Jensen
Ph.d.-stipendiat

Økonomisk Institut                      andreas.noack.jensen at econ.ku.dk
Københavns Universitet                  http://www.econ.ku.dk/phdstudent/noack/
Øster Farimagsgade 5, bygning 26        Tlf.: 353 23094
1353 København K