[R-SIG-Mac] R-Gui with remote execution?

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Sat Jul 16 00:13:41 CEST 2011

On Jul 15, 2011, at 6:08 PM, Steven McKinney wrote:

> [...]

No. I was talking about the inverse - i.e. emacs that can run on X11 so you can tunnel it through SSH since Bob will be running emacs on the remote machine, not the local one. You can't tunnel Cocoa/Carbon so Carbon Emacs is useless for that purpose (unless it's compiled with X11 support besides Carbon...).