[R-SIG-Mac] gfortran, tclck and /usr/local

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Mon Jul 11 20:10:34 CEST 2011

On Jul 11, 2011, at 12:56 PM, Federico Calboli wrote:

> On 11 Jul 2011, at 17:27, Simon Urbanek wrote:
>

>> On Jul 11, 2011, at 12:05 PM, Federico Calboli wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> can I ask if anyone can tell me which of these files belongs to the Gfortran and tcltk R Mac tools instalation please:
>>>

>> I suppose you mean GNU Fortran - but which one? The recent ones live along Xcode so the answer would be none. If you have the older, separate Fortran then it has an uninstaller script that lists all files - it should be in /usr/local/bin/gfortran-uninstall or you can consult pkgutils (see below).
>
> I just realised I should have used this GFortran all along:
>
> http://r.research.att.com/tools/
>
> gfortran-42-5664.pkg
>
> though I am on XCode 3.2.6, does that matter?

No, Apple has made no changed to gcc for a while since they stopped using it, so you can safely use it with any recent Xcode 3.2.x version. You don't have to use it, but for SL it is recommended. Don't forget to run "sudo gfortran-uninstall" before you do so you don't have two different Fortran compilers on your machine - just to save some trouble.