[R-SIG-Mac] R editor for Mac

Yan Zhou zhouyan at me.com
Sat Jan 29 15:13:52 CET 2011

Holding the option key while selecting text, you can select the columns. This is built into the Mac OS X and available in many Mac "native" text editor like textmate, textwrangler, bbedit, etc, even the system's TextEdit can do that.

Meanwhile Vim can do column selection with the blockwise-visual (CTRL-V is the default shortcuts). I don't use Emacs but heard it can do it, too. So select, copy paste and replace columns is nothing special at all.