[R-SIG-Mac] R editor for Mac

Yan Zhou zhouyan at me.com
Thu Jan 27 11:44:39 CET 2011

I suggest just use one's favorite text editor and execute the code in R.app or terminal (some integration between them will be nice). Sometime things can go wrong, for example a segment of code takes unusual long time or large memory, and then R got frozen. In this case I can usually force R to quite if it does not response. But if I run the code within some editor, then I had to force quite the editor and probably lose all the code I just wrote.

Maybe just I have such  problems from time to time...