[R-SIG-Mac] R editor for Mac

Andrew Beckerman a.beckerman at sheffield.ac.uk
Wed Jan 26 21:27:00 CET 2011

Kristina

The mac installation of R comes with a brilliant script editor built right in.

Just start R, choose file->new to open a script and you are away.

There is line numbering, coloured context for functions etc, smart brackets and quotes and keystrokes to send the code you select to the console:

cmd+return to send selected text or the line you are on.

You've got all you need to get started quickly (and perhaps all you need), courtesy of the excellent development team for the mac.

Good luck.
Andrew
Dr. Andrew Beckerman
Department of Animal and Plant Sciences