[R-SIG-Mac] newbie mac question

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Jan 24 01:04:14 CET 2011

On 24/01/2011, at 11:26 AM, Steve Lianoglou wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> I got a Mac Book Air for Christmas but I'm just starting to work
>> with it.
>
> Oooh .. jealous :-)

	You mean ***envious***! :-)

	cheers,

		Rolf Turner

P. S.  My wife once asked me to explain to her the difference between
``jealous'' and ``envious''.  I said:

	Suppose that you and [for present purposes] Steve were walking
	down the street one day, engaged in conversation, and you happened
	to look up and see, on the corner, myself and (let us say) Angelina
	Jolie engaged in a hot, passionate embrace.  You, my love, would be
	jealous.  Steve would be envious.

		R.