[R-SIG-Mac] plot() does not give labels under quartz

Phillip Jardine PEJ083 at bham.ac.uk
Fri Jan 21 10:23:46 CET 2011

Hi,

Oddly when I had this issue I couldn't see any obvious problems on FontBook.app - I only had one Arial, and nothing seemed to be amiss. As I said in a previous message, the problem cleared up on its own, without me knowingly doing anything (i.e. I don't need to use the family = sans trick any more).

Cheers

Phil

> Hi Jari,
>
>> it will probably also bug you elsewhere than in R graphics.
>
> Yes, an excellent point.  I might as well fix it for good.
> I gave a quick look at FontBook.app, but I didn't get intuitive
> feel as to how to fix my problem.

Check Arial - that is likely the font that gives you the problem. Make sure it's visible and you have only one of that name.