[R-SIG-Mac] plot() does not give labels under quartz

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jan 19 16:00:00 CET 2011

On Wed, 19 Jan 2011, Kasper Daniel Hansen wrote:

> This _may_ be unrelated to a corrupt font cache.  Note that the OP
> says the issue is fixed by resizing the quartz screen.
>
> To see this in action (explanation below) I have posted
>  http://www.biostat.jhsph.edu/~khansen/screen1.png
> (the initial look of the quartz window)
>  http://www.biostat.jhsph.edu/~khansen/screen2.png
> (after resize)

But the OP said (s)he had 'no numbers under the tics', whereas what
you show is explicable as the effect of clipping and the axis
annotation is there.  I don't think it is the same issue, and I see no
reference to resizing in the original post (the solution was to use
X11()).

>>> http://www.gees.bham.ac.uk/staff/pgpej083.shtml

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk