[R-SIG-Mac] Need help to install

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Fri Jan 14 23:51:56 CET 2011

On Jan 14, 2011, at 5:33 PM, MacQueen, Don wrote:

> Have you downloaded the file R2.12.1.pkg from CRAN?
> If so, then installing R using that file is just like installing any
> other Mac software.

The OP didn't copy the list, but did get success with the standard
links offered earlier

> If you have done that, and „bouncing‰ refers to the R icon in the
> doc bouncing for a while ˜ but R never starts ˜ then I don‚t what
> the problem is. But you will need to provide a more detailed and
> thorough description of what exactly you have done before anyone can
> give real help.
>
> I also suggest you also install the Developer Tools from the DVD
> that came with your Mac Pro.

Excellent point. Those Tools are needed to succeed with any packages
that need to be installed from source, although the proportion of such
packages has really dropped off in the last year. The Mac platform is
really getting excellent support from Simon, Ripley, and the rest of
the Core.

> -Don
>
> On 1/12/11 4:47 PM, "Karthick Bala" <diatomist at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I am new to mac, just moved from PC to mac. I need help to install R
> in my
> new mac pro. I read the details in R Mac OS page, it is bouncing!
> Please
> help me.
> thanks
>
> Karthick