[R-SIG-Mac] nlme (or base) problem

Adelchi Azzalini azzalini at stat.unipd.it
Tue Feb 8 09:00:06 CET 2011

library(nlme) does not load,
this is what I get:

R> library(nlme)
Error in .Call("R_lazyLoadDBfetch", key, file, compressed, hook,
PACKAGE = "base") :
   C symbol name "R_lazyLoadDBfetch" not in DLL for package "base"

However the probleme could be in the base package.
If I try with the Package Manger, then I get this:

Error in .Call("R_lazyLoadDBfetch", key, file, compressed, hook,
PACKAGE = "base") :
   C symbol name "R_lazyLoadDBfetch" not in DLL for package "base"
In addition: Warning message:
In FUN("Orthodont"[[1L]], ...) : restarting interrupted promise
evaluation
starting httpd help server ... done

details about my intallation are below.

Regards,

Adelchi Azzalini

---
R> R.version
                _
platform       i386-apple-darwin9.8.0
arch           i386
os             darwin9.8.0
system         i386, darwin9.8.0
status
major          2
minor          12.1
year           2010
month          12
day            16
svn rev        53855
language       R
version.string R version 2.12.1 (2010-12-16)