[R-SIG-Mac] How to make Mac 64-bit version feature complete?

Ben Madin lists at remoteinformation.com.au
Thu Dec 15 05:49:51 CET 2011

G'day,

I understand almost none of this (I deal with dogs and cows normally) but historically I had some R packages that would only work 32 bit (RPgSQL was one) , so it was handy to be able to run both 32 and 64 bit instances concurrently. It seems less of an issue now for me (but I'm on a relatively new machine and now use RPostgreSQL!) and most things run in 64 bit.

I guess it's more about R than Mac programming.

I'll shut up and go back to being thankful that (for me as an epidemiologist) it just works.

cheers

Ben