[R-SIG-Mac] turn off text transforms

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Thu Aug 25 17:04:13 CEST 2011

On Aug 24, 2011, at 2:37 PM, Timothy Bates wrote:

> hi all,
> if I enter the following into R.app
>
>> 1/8 x 248.70
>
> I get
> Error: unexpected symbol in "1/8 x”
>
> Because OS text entry is transforming 1/8 into ⅛.
>
> Is there a way to turn that off selectively for R.app?

Brian is right, but I noticed myself that there is something wonky going on with the editor on Lion - it is translating characters where it should not (e.g. \dots) - and I know only of the global configuration to disable it. I'll have a look if there is some message that could be send to the text view on Lion once I'm back (next week) because its highly annoying …