[R-SIG-Mac] R for Mac

Francisco J. Proenza fjproenza at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 01:26:07 CEST 2011

On Aug 6, 2011, at 1:38 AM, FJProenza wrote:

Dear Simon:

 > > Most of the instructions appearing on the FAQs for Mac apply to
earlier versions of the ope rating system.

What makes you think so?

The fact that the instructions make no mention of Lion, only the
previous OS versions (e.g. Leopard) are mentioned.

 > > I recently installed Lion on my Intel Power Mac and would
appreciate any advice regarding important differences in the
installation and build up procedure.

Why should they be different? There are no real technical differences
since 10.5 (Leopard) - the binary package is the same and if you want to
build R from sources, you simply have to follow the instructions - it's
not different, either.

Good to know.

Thanks,

Francisco