[R-SIG-Mac] Lion/clang

Jan de Leeuw deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu
Mon Apr 18 18:57:47 CEST 2011

I did not notice the issue because Rprofile.site for my CLI R has options=quartz. As for C++
the only problem I have found with clang so far is with Armadillo (Rcpp is fine).

On Apr 18, 2011, at 09:48 , Steve Lianoglou wrote:

> That's great news, actually.
>
> Thanks for sharing!
> -steve
>
> On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 12:39 PM, Simon Urbanek
> <simon.urbanek at r-project.org> wrote:
>> Yep. The only issue I had with Lion is that window services detection doesn't work anymore so you get X11 instead of Quartz by default. I'll look into that at some point.
>> Thanks,
>> Simon
>>

>> On Apr 16, 2011, at 11:46 PM, Jan de Leeuw wrote:
>>
>>> Just a little note that R-devel compiles/runs fine (and fast) using clang for
>>> C, C++, Obj-C on OS X 10.7 Lion.
>>> ===============================================================
>>>     Jan de Leeuw, 11667 Steinhoff Rd, Frazier Park, CA 93225
>>>     home 661-245-1725 mobile 661-231-5416 work 310-825-9550
>>>     .mac: jdeleeuw +++  aim: deleeuwjan +++ skype: j_deleeuw

> Steve Lianoglou
>  | Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
>  | Weill Medical College of Cornell University

===
Jan de Leeuw; Distinguished Professor and Chair, UCLA Department of Statistics;
Director: UCLA Center for Environmental Statistics (CES);
Editor: Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Journal of Statistical Software;
US mail: 8125 Math Sciences Bldg, Box 951554, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1554
phone (310)-825-9550;  fax (310)-206-5658;  email: deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu
.mac: jdeleeuw ++++++  aim: deleeuwjan ++++++ skype: j_deleeuw
homepages: http://gifi.stat.ucla.edu ++++++ http://www.cuddyvalley.org