[R-SIG-Mac] Call to test current R 2.13.0 beta and RCs - especially new GUI features!

Ben Madin lists at remoteinformation.com.au
Thu Apr 14 04:59:50 CEST 2011

Simon,

I'd like to give this a test, but I can't afford to loose the use of my current installation. The installer says:

Requirements:
- Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) or 10.6 (Snow Leopard)

Note: By default the installer upgrades previous Leopard build of R  if present. If you want to keep the previous Leopard build, use
pkgutil --forget org.r-project.R.Leopard.fw.pkg

I thought it would just be installed in the Versions directory of the R.framework and the symlink changed, but maybe this is not so?

I'm on 10.6.6 - I'm not sure if that means that it will replace any leopard versions that exist (but not snow leopard?), of if I need to use the  "pkgutil --forget org.r-project.R.Leopard.fw.pkg" command. Not knowing anything about this, do I just run that command in terminal in my home directory, or does it need to be done in the R directory. Will it then go ahead and install, or do I run it and then use the installer? Will it mean I can use RSwitch?

Sorry about the lack of adventurousness, but I really can't afford to loose my current stable install as I'm "on-demand" to produce and modify analyses.

Cheers

Ben