[R-SIG-Mac] mac-shell-r

jochen laubrock jochen.laubrock at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 11:35:55 CEST 2010

Don't know whether the following is the official procedure, but it might work:

Do you have an account on the Linux server that you can login to, using ssh (*)?
Then you can probably use

	scp <localRscript.R> yourUserName at LinuxHost.domain:~/your/R/script/directory

to copy the file localRscript.R to the Linux machine,
and then use something like

	ssh yourUserName at LinuxHost.domain
	cd ~/your/R/script/direcory
	> source("localRscript.R")

You might have to enter your password at times, or you can use an authorized key (*).
If you don't want to keep the ssh connection alive, read the manual for the nohup command (*).

(*) And, of course Ask your local Linux admin for details.

Or is the server running Rserve?

hth, jochen