[R-SIG-Mac] Sweave.sty

[Ricardo Rodriguez] Your XEN ICT Team webmaster at xen.net
Thu Sep 9 16:17:58 CEST 2010

Thanks!

Kasper Daniel Hansen wrote:
> Ricardo
>
> The problem is that the place where R puts the Sweave file is not part
> of the search path for your tex installation.  You can fix this by
> adding the path as you would add any other path, or you can use the
> following in your .Rprofile which will put an absolute path inside
> your generated tex document (just look at the header of the tex
> document).  The absolute path means that running your tex document
> through tex in order to generate say a pdf will only work on your
> computer, but that might not be an issue for you.
>
>   Sys.setenv("SWEAVE_STYLEPATH_DEFAULT" = "TRUE")

The first objective of my question is to understand why LyX
(http://www.lyx.org/) is not able to find Sweave.sty. It is far clear
now: LyX relies on TeX (well, in fact is a kind of front end to TeX) and
if TeX is not able to find it, LyX won't be it either.

As said before in this thread, what we try to find is a way to get
Sweave.sty available for LyX out of the box: one LyX and R are
installed, no more "human" intervention will be required.

I'm also forwarding this message to lyx-devel at lists.lyx.org

Greetings!

Ricardo

--