[R-SIG-Mac] Sweave.sty

[Ricardo Rodriguez] Your XEN ICT Team webmaster at xen.net
Thu Sep 9 14:21:50 CEST 2010

Thanks.

Duncan Murdoch wrote:
> On 08/09/2010 6:13 PM, [Ricardo Rodriguez] Your XEN ICT Team wrote:
>> Please, allow me a simple question: must I get a copy of Sweave.sty
>> installed with R-2.11.1.pkg?
>>
>> I'm a bit puzzle with this issue and I think that this file is not
>> installed with R-2.11.1.pkg. Could you confirm if I am right?
>
> Sweave.sty should have been installed with R, in the directory given by
>
> file.path(R.home(), "share", "texmf")

Confirmed: Sweave.sty is installed in that location. I've tried
http://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/R-2.11.1.pkg in two MacPro boxes
running Leopard and Snow Leopard.

> The organization of that directory will change with the 2.12.0 release
> (becoming compliant with a TeX standard whose name I forget), so don't
> carve the path in stone.

OK! we'll be pending on this change! With the new LyX2.0.0 (now in
alpha5 stage) release R, code chunks (R code in a LaTeX document) will
be able to be used out of the box with any document class
(http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/NewInLyX20). Provided R is installed, of course!

Right now, the problem is that Sweave.sty is not available for LyX
without "human" intervention. I'm not skilled enough as for
understanding what the reorganization of the directory where Sweave.sty
is installed does mean, but I will forward this message to
lyx-devel at lists.lyx.org where people is discussing the best way of
making Sweave.sty provided by R "visible" to LyX.

Greetings!

--
Ricardo Rodríguez
Your XEN ICT Team