[R-SIG-Mac] Problem during startup

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Mon Sep 6 16:01:11 CEST 2010

On Aug 31, 2010, at 10:38 PM, Philipp Brandt wrote:

> 	Dear all,
>
> I have had trouble with R crashing during the startup. This has
> happened on two different mac laptops. An old 13" and a new macbook
> pro running 10.6.4.

Have you looked at the R-Mac-FAQ? Last entry suggests that you
identify and delete the .RData file. (Oh wait, maybe that is what you
are trying to follow.)

> I have looked at the archive on the mailing list and other
> discussions, but non has helped, i.e. I could not find and .Rdata,
> history or workspace files.

This is the correct place to post, but because I know exactly where to
find an answer for this on on R-help, I will use that archive:

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2010-September/251580.html