[R-SIG-Mac] Text will not appear on any graph

Phillip Jardine PEJ083 at bham.ac.uk
Sun Sep 5 12:37:51 CEST 2010

Hi Adrian,

Just to let you know I experienced exactly the same problem a couple of weeks ago, after upgrading my operating system from 10.4 to 10.6. I also couldn't find any duplicate fonts using FontBook. I've found that specifying family = "sans" in the plotting command, i.e.:

plot(x, y, family = "sans")

Gets the text on the graphs in Helvetica (the default setting). It's not a proper fix, but it does work!

Cheers,

Phil
--
Phil Jardine