[R-SIG-Mac] ATLAS BLAS

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Thu Oct 21 05:31:28 CEST 2010

On Oct 20, 2010, at 10:53 PM, huang min wrote:

> Does this binary of ATLAS also work on a Core 2 Duo cpu? Thanks.

It does, but it's optimized for a 16-thread machine, so it will spawn way too many threads for a core 2 duo. Still, I'm surprised that even that can be faster than vecLib (although not by much - 15.7s vs 20.7s on the tcrossprod test). Note that the vecLib bug only affects Mac Pros (AFAICT) so with other machines you can still stick with vecLib.