[R-SIG-Mac] Problems with tcltk-Img

mcarvajal at ifc.unam.mx mcarvajal at ifc.unam.mx
Sat Oct 16 02:48:43 CEST 2010

Hello!
I-m using an app which uses BWidget and Img. First I've installed
ActiveTclTk8.5.xxx.threaded.dmg, also tcltk-8.5-x11.dmg

When I ran my application appeared:
Warning message:
In tclRequire("BWidget") : Tcl package 'BWidget' not found
In tclRequire("Img") : Tcl package 'Img' not found

Then I read that the problem could be resolved by copying both
BWidget1.8 and Img1.4 to /usr/local/lib/

After doing that, the message about BWidget not found dissappeard...
unfortunately the problem with Img continues.

So, when I type in R console "tclvalue("auto_path") brings me back:

> library(tcltk)
> tclvalue("auto_path")
[1] "/usr/local/lib/tcl8.5 /usr/local/lib ./lib /usr/local/lib/tk8.5
/usr/local/lib/tk8.5/ttk
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/tcltk/exec"

I just copied all the files to all these directories, but the problem
persist...

Any suggestions?

Without Img the application cant'n run... help!!

Thanks!!
Miguel