[R-SIG-Mac] Undo Typing bug with match braces

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sun Oct 3 17:16:57 CEST 2010

On Sep 22, 2010, at 2:57 AM, Claude Flener wrote:

> On a related note, it would be nice to have an option of temporarily
> disabling the matching braces function (with a key combination
> maybe), if one needs to type braces around some existing code for
> instance. This is not part of the bug, but it would be a handy
> feature.

I agree with a feature request for a keyboard cmd-key shortcut to turn
off/on the auto-bracing/paren/curly-bracing behavior. At the moment I
have one (less frequently used) computer in the default auto-bracing
mode but have put my more frequently used machine in the Preference-
deselected non-auto-completion mode. I would uniformly adopt the
completion mode if there were a way to "keyboard()" it off/on.

I realize that  "real useRs" probably use some sort of editor with the
capacity to spawn various mode()-ed windows, but I really appreciate
effort that went into building the GUI, and have found that emacsen
and Eclipse have too high a barrier to entry for my feeble brain.

--
David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT