[R-SIG-Mac] R with Intel MKL

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Thu Nov 25 16:46:26 CET 2010

On Nov 23, 2010, at 7:31 PM, BERND LAMBERTS wrote:

> Hi i was wondering whether anyone ever compiles R against Intels MKL fr Snow Leopard
> and if yes what were the results and if you have any advise on how to start ...

The R-admin has the necessary details and if you read the archives of this mailing list you will even find a more elegant solution how to simply plug MKL into CRAN R:
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-mac/2010-October/007767.html

[That said, I find MKL slower than ATLAS on my machine so IMHO it's not worth the effort (and cost).]