[R-SIG-Mac] restoring R 2.11.1 while keeping R 2.12

Ken Knoblauch ken.knoblauch at inserm.fr
Tue Nov 16 21:20:07 CET 2010

David Winsemius <dwinsemius <at> comcast.net> writes:

> Installing R 2.12.0 did not overwrite my old 2.11 folder in :
> /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.11
>
> RSwitch is able to launch (some) old versions, but I am not sure about
> all. (I now have a collection going back to 2.7)
>
> http://r.research.att.com/RSwitch-1.1.dmg

My versions go back to 2.3 on this particular laptop, but that's not
the point.  To be able to switch between versions with Rswitch,
the pkgutil --forget etc. must be run prior to upgrading as described
in one of the startup screens of the installer.  This has worked for me,
too, in the past, but it didn't seem to work in trying to reinstall a previous
version and I'm wondering if there is an easy way to do that, or if I missed
something in the way I tried.  Thanks.

Ken

--
Ken Knoblauch