[R-SIG-Mac] R2.12 for Mac

Kasper Daniel Hansen kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 01:24:23 CET 2010

Yeah remove that

But I don't even get why you are doing this.  On a mac (at least with
a newer version of the OS like Tiger or newer) RCurl works out of the
box.

So what you do it
  remove offending line in bashrc
  do a grep in you home folder to check you don't have other offending
lines including either LD_LIBRARY_PATH or DYLD_LIBRARYPATH
  cd /etc and do a recursive grep for LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and see if it
hits anything.
  restart Terminal
  start R and verify it works

Now, after this you start the _GUI_ and do the Sys.getenv thing.  The
GUI works differently from terminal R in this case.  If the offending
value is still there, you might want to have a look in
  .MacOS/environment.plist
There might be a similar line somewhere

Finally, write 100 times "I will not do random things to my system I
read on random websites".  Ok, that is a little tough, but you do
realize this is all your own doing, right.

Kasper