[R-SIG-Mac] memory race

Mon Nov 15 02:41:24 CET 2010

Hi,

On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 6:09 PM, steven mosher <moshersteven at gmail.com> wrote:
> I recently started getting what I can best describe as a memory "race"
> condition in my R
<snip>
> Running R from the terminal  R --vanilla did not exhibit these issues.

Maybe you have some "ghost" data file that are being loaded on R startup?

Look to see if there is a file named ".RData" in your home directory.

What do you see when you run this command from the terminal?

$ ls -ald ~/.R*

If you see an .RData file there, either delete it, or rename it to
something else since R will try to load this file if it finds it there
(unless you start R with --vanilla, or --no-restore-data)

-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou