[R-SIG-Mac] How to revert back to R 2.11

Sun Nov 14 21:46:21 CET 2010

Hi Steven,

Are you still having problems?

I'd be surprised if R-2.12 itself has anything to do with the problems
you're seeing, but assuming 2.11 is still on your system, you can
switch to it easily by using Rswitch, that you can find here:

http://r.research.att.com/#other

It assumes 2.11 was installed via the normal R installers, ie. it lives in:

/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.11

A few Q's for you:

(1) Did you reinstall your R libraries for 2.12 from scratch (good
idea) , or did you copy them over from your 2.11 install (bad idea)

(2) Are you using R from R.app or from the terminal?

(2a) When you run are from the Terminal, does it still exhibit this behavior?
(2b) How about if you start R with the --vanilla flag?, eg:

$ R --vanilla

If you want to completely uninstall R 2.12 and start from scratch, you
can do that from the terminal, too:

$ sudo rm -Rf /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.12

Hope that helps,
-steve

btw - I don't think "MAC" needs to be capitalized ... it's not an acronym ;-)