[R-SIG-Mac] TinnR for Mac

Vincent Goulet Vincent.Goulet at act.ulaval.ca
Fri May 28 17:53:43 CEST 2010

Sorry for being very late to this thread, but since a few people mentioned Emacs, I'd like to chime in two things:

1. Emacs (with ESS) is a very nice solution that works exactly the same on Mac, Windows and Linux. It's also an excellent LaTeX editor (with the AUCTeX extension).

2. I now maintain an OS X version of my GNU Emacs distribution alongside the Windows version that has been available for a few years. It comes bundled with ESS, AUCTeX and some basic configuration. It is otherwise a stock GNU Emacs distribution, unlike Aquamacs that tries to be a Mac-ified Emacs. See

	http://vgoulet.act.ulaval.ca/emacs

I usually post about updates to ess-help.

Hope this helps,

Dr. Vincent Goulet
Full Professor
École d'actuariat, Université Laval, Québec
vincent.goulet at act.ulaval.ca   http://vgoulet.act.ulaval.ca