[R-SIG-Mac] Problem with readline when building R from source.

Ben Madin lists at remoteinformation.com.au
Sat May 22 04:23:31 CEST 2010

Rolf,

Given the weekend status, I'll hazard a guess that you want to add these as environment variables, so in an attempt to be monosyllabic:

Assuming that you are using the bash shell (which has been the default for a while) log in as the user you are going to run the ./configure script as, and at the command prompt type

export F77="gfortran -arch x86_64"
export FC="gfortran -arch x86_64"

to see what is currently set, just type

export

(if you are still using the tcsh shell, the I think the command becomes setenv instead of export, and it is slightly different, so you will have to look that up)

good luck, I may have the wrong end of the stick here.

cheers

Ben