[R-SIG-Mac] problems running R in a Mac (Leopard 10.5.8)

Benilton Carvalho beniltoncarvalho at gmail.com
Wed May 12 14:19:49 CEST 2010

Can you try (from the Terminal) loading R like follows?

R --vanilla

Assuming that that works, it appears that you have a (big) .RData file
that is loaded during startup.

You may want to check its size by running (also from the Terminal)

du -h ~/.RData

To give you a chance of inspecting its contents before removal, you
can rename it (from the Terminal):

mv ~/.RData ~/PreviousResultsFromR.RData

After renaming it, you should be able to load R without problems.