[R-SIG-Mac] feature request: paste and match style / open help files in external browser (R.app)

Michael Denslow michael.denslow at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 19:09:55 CEST 2010

>> I really like the R application for mac OS X but there are two issues
>> which often get in my way working with R:
>>

>> the first;
>> When I copy code from for example a website or R help-file and want to
>> paste it in my R-script the text gets pasted as rich text
>> which leads in most cases to different text size, font-family etc.
>>
>> That is really annoying and currently I copy text first to an editor like
>> TextMate and then into my R-script which is not really comfortable.
>> So a "copy and match style"-option or a default matching of pasted text to
>> the documents defaults (like in TextMate) would be great.
>>

> Fair enough - I'll look into that.

Thank you Simon!
I would second this request and have thought of asking about this myself.
Since I have found that the pasted text is usually smaller, I have
dealt with this by highlighting the text and pressing the 'command'
key and '+' a few times.

Thanks again,
Michael

--
Michael Denslow

I.W. Carpenter Jr. Herbarium [BOON]
Department of Biology
Appalachian State University
Boone, North Carolina U.S.A.
-- AND --
Communications Manager
Southeast Regional Network of Expertise and Collections
sernec.org

36.214177, -81.681480 +/- 3103 meters