[R-SIG-Mac] feature request: paste and match style / open help files in external browser (R.app)

Martin Batholdy batholdy at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 31 17:17:38 CEST 2010

Hi,

I really like the R application for mac OS X but there are two issues which often get in my way working with R:

the first;
When I copy code from for example a website or R help-file and want to paste it in my R-script the text gets pasted as rich text
which leads in most cases to different text size, font-family etc.

That is really annoying and currently I copy text first to an editor like TextMate and then into my R-script which is not really comfortable.
So a "copy and match style"-option or a default matching of pasted text to the documents defaults (like in TextMate) would be great.

the second;
I use the help-functions a lot to look up all the different arguments of a function.
What I would love is if it would be possible to open help-files in a different program (like Safari).
So that when I type ?par (or help("par")) my default web browser pops up and shows me the help-file.
That would give me the opportunity to easily search the help-file via CMD+F and to quickly switch between a help-file and a script.

hope that these features will be implemented some day.