[R-SIG-Mac] embed r in cpp with xcode

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Sat Mar 27 18:58:12 CET 2010

FWIW a good starting point is the stand-alone REngine
https://svn.r-project.org/R-packages/branches/stand-alone-REngine

I have added an Xcode project so it should be easy to get going. However, the main language in Mac OS X is Obj-C so it is left to the user to decide how to go forward - either use the REngine Obj-C API or call R directly from C/C++ after it has been initialized. It is also trivial to switch the test code to Obj-C++ if desired.