[R-SIG-Mac] lme4 package for Mac not available

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Mon Jun 28 01:13:33 CEST 2010

On Jun 24, 2010, at 7:33 PM, Gisela Böhm wrote:

> Dear R-Mac people,
>
> I am using R on a Mac, and would need the lme4 package. I saw on the help-list that it has been unavailable for reasons I do not understand.

It fails "make check". CRAN is not distributing binaries of packages that fail checks since it may deliver incorrect results. You can still install it from sources install.packages("lme4",type='source') if you want to use it anyway (see R for Mac FAQ for the necessary tools).

> Is there  a chance that lme4 will be available soon again for the Mac?

They will be available when lme4 is fixed to pass the checks. Given that the issue is there for over a year I would not hold my breath.