[R-SIG-Mac] .Last( ) taking keyboard input hangs on command-Q

Day, Roger S day01 at pitt.edu
Sun Jun 6 16:03:56 CEST 2010

Thanks, Simon, for your reply.

This is reproducible with 2.11.1, both 32 and 64 bit.
With the following .Last, command-Q hangs, there's no exit except an external kill,
and .RData will not be saved.

Not a big problem if you're aware of the behavior;
otherwise, one might lose a few hours of work.
I don't expect a fix; this note is meant to prevent others
making the same mistake I made one day.

On the sunny side, if .Last writes something to a file,
it completes with no problem.

-Roger

> .Last
function() {
	answer = readline("How do you feel now?")
	return(answer)
}
> version
               _
platform       x86_64-apple-darwin9.8.0
arch           x86_64
os             darwin9.8.0
system         x86_64, darwin9.8.0
status
major          2
minor          11.1
year           2010
month          05
day            31
svn rev        52157
language       R
version.string R version 2.11.1 (2010-05-31)