[R-SIG-Mac] Request command key change in R gui

thatsanicehatyouhave at mac.com thatsanicehatyouhave at mac.com
Mon Jun 7 20:43:47 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'd like to request a change in one of the command key shortcuts in the R gui. Currently, "Source Document" is cmd-E. This is much more commonly used in most Cocoa apps as "Replace Selection for Find", e.g. Xcode, TextWrangler, Mail, Pages, etc. I use it quite often, and I have to always note that R is the exception to this, using cmd-opt-E instead (which is sometimes used for "Use Selection for Replace").

I propose that cmd-E be changed to the more standard command, and that "Source Document" be replaced with cmd-R (mnemonic for 'run').

I know that changing what is probably a commonly used command might be a little painful for some in the short term, but I think consistency with other apps is a bigger gain.

Cheers,
Demitri