[R-SIG-Mac] cairoDevice and GTK under MacOS

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Sat Jun 5 16:01:18 CEST 2010

On Jun 5, 2010, at 12:03 AM, John Maindonald wrote:

> Arising from my recent interchange with Professor Ripley, it seems that there is no current binary for cairoDevice that works under R 2.11.0 or 2.11.1.

Seems?!? Based on what?!? Brian said clearly that there is a binary and it works for him -- so it does for me!

You never told us what *you* are using so there is not much we can do for you - from the output it seemed that you are using the wrong packages with wrong R versions so this is not about CRAN at all. His comments were based on the assumption that you are trying to build something for yourself because the CRAN packages work fine.