[R-SIG-Mac] R GUI issues

Luca Scrucca luca at stat.unipg.it
Thu Jul 8 12:33:11 CEST 2010

Dear R-Mac users,

I have a couple of problems and I haven't been able to find any useful
hint in the available documentation or in the archive of this mailing
list.
1) I set options("width=79") in my ~/.Rprofile file, together with
other settings. Running the R Gui the latter are set as expected, but
width is different from the desired 79 value. Starting from terminal
the width is correctly set at 79. Playing around a little bit I
realized that if I resize the R Gui and close the application, when I
restart R Gui the options("width") is different from the previous
value. It seems it is dynamically set depending on the width of the R
Gui window. However, this value is always much smaller than the
potential number of characters in a row.
2) In Preferences I selected to open the quartz device on the top
left, but any quartz window open at the bottom right. Actually, no
matter which location I choose the device is always open at the bottom
right.

Thanks a lot for any hint.

Luca

Luca Scrucca
Dipartimento di Economia, Finanza e Statistica
Sezione di Statistica
Università degli Studi di Perugia
Via A. Pascoli, 20
06123 PERUGIA  (ITALY)