[R-SIG-Mac] How to find/get tcltk to run R Commander
budgemo at ptialaska.net
Fri Jan 15 21:10:23 CET 2010
1. I'm trying to use R commander.
2. I have: Mac OS X 10.5.6 (9G66), Kernel Version: Darwin 9.6.0.
3. I have X11: Xquartz 2.1.5 - (xorg-server 1.3.0-apple22) (2.1.5).
4. The R command install.packages("Rcmdr", dependencies=TRUE) was
5. I use the instructions shown at http://dataninja.wordpress.com/2006/01/20/r-commander/
6. R and R Commander work fine on my Boot Camp Win XP.
7. R command "library(Rcmdr)" yields the result shown below.
8. QUESTION: how do I get file tcltk on my machine so I can run R
9. I understand it is supposed to be included with Mac OS X.
10. A file search reveals only tcltk.rb in the Ruby framework of my
library which I suspect is there because I installed XTools in hopes
of getting tcltk.
11. I have attempted to load the tcltk package from the R package
manager. It is disallowed.
12. Thanks for your patience for what must be a tiring question.
Loading required package: tcltk
Loading Tcl/Tk interface ... Error in dyn.load(file, DLLpath =
DLLpath, ...) :
unable to load shared library '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/
i386/tcltk.so, 10): Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libtcl8.5.dylib
Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/
Reason: image not found
Error : .onLoad failed in 'loadNamespace' for 'tcltk'
Error: package 'tcltk' could not be loaded
More information about the R-SIG-Mac