[R-SIG-Mac] udunits and RNetCDF ... simple or hard to get Mac version?

Don MacQueen macq at llnl.gov
Fri Jan 15 17:21:18 CET 2010

I think my result confirms what Simon and others have said regarding udunits.
-Don

>  install.packages('udunits',type='source')
trying URL 'http://cran.cnr.Berkeley.edu/src/contrib/udunits_1.3.tar.gz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 29985 bytes (29 Kb)
opened URL
downloaded 29 Kb

* installing *source* package 'udunits' ...
creating cache ./config.cache
checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -arch i386 -std=gnu99 -E
checking for gcc... gcc -arch i386 -std=gnu99
checking whether the C compiler (gcc -arch i386
-std=gnu99 -g -O2 ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (gcc -arch i386
-std=gnu99 -g -O2 ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc -arch i386 -std=gnu99 accepts -g... yes
checking for /usr/local/include/udunits.h... no
checking for /usr/include/udunits.h... no
checking for /Users/macqueen1/include/udunits.h... no
checking for /usr/local/lib/libudunits.a... no
checking for /usr/lib/libudunits.a... no
checking for /lib/libudunits.a... no
checking for /Users/macqueen1/lib/libudunits.a... no
NOTE: udunits package not found!  Either install
it in a standard place (/usr or
/usr/local), or edit the file
udunits_1.0/udunits/src/Makevars.in and put in the
location where the package is installed.
ERROR: configuration failed for package 'udunits'
* removing
'/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.10/Resources/library/udunits'
.

>  sessionInfo()
R version 2.10.1 (2009-12-14)
i386-apple-darwin8.11.1